Hysterectomy Robotic Procedure
Your Central Obstetrics and Gynecology Columbus GA doctor may recommend a hysterectomy to treat several conditions. Robotic hysterectomy can be an excellent choice if you aren’t a candidate for a vaginal hysterectomy. Your doctor may recommend a robotic procedure if you have surgical scars or an anatomical irregularity that limits your options.
To prepare you for a robotic hysterectomy, your doctor will make five small incisions in your abdomen and insert slender surgical instruments through those incisions.
Incisions for a robotic procedure are much smaller than those used for open surgery, so you’ll have less tissue trauma and smaller scars than you’d have after a traditional abdominal hysterectomy.
During a robotic hysterectomy procedure:
- Your surgeon will use control devices to direct the surgical instruments that remove your uterus
- The robotic system translates your surgeon’s hand movements into precise movements at the instrument’s tip
- Your surgeon may also remove one or both ovaries and your fallopian tubes, depending on your condition
- An assistant at the operating table repositions instruments, adds or removes surgical devices, and provides other support to your surgeon as needed
- Members of the anesthesia team continually monitor your condition and comfort
Advantages of Robotic Hysterectomy
- Less blood loss during surgery.
- Superior visualization of the operating site.
- Less scarring.
- Less post-operative pain.
- Faster recovery and shorter hospital stay.
- Fewer post-operative complications.
If you’re considering a hysterectomy, call Central Obstetrics and Gynecology Columbus GA today at (706) 507-6306 to schedule an appointment to discuss your options or to speak with a member of our experienced and caring staff.
/appointment' class='appointment-btn'>Request an Appointment!