Preconception – Teenage and Adolescent Care
During adolescence, teenage girls will experience a wide assortment of biological, physical and emotional changes. Our Central Obstetrics and Gynecology adolescent gynecology clinic in Columbus provides consultation, evaluation and treatment of adolescent girls with gynecological concerns in a caring and sensitive environment.
We provide health education and guidance for teens and parents as well as screening and preventive health care services as needed.
Our comprehensive range of services includes, but is not limited to:
- Well-woman exams;
- Management of menstrual problems such as painful periods, frequent or heavy menstrual bleeding;
- Breast problems such as masses;
- Signs of delayed sexual maturation;
- Genital injuries;
- Abnormal pap smear evaluations;
- Pelvic or abdominal pain;
- Abnormal vaginal discharge;
- Congenital abnormalities of the reproductive tract;
- Contraceptive management;
- Screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections;
- Preventive health guidance for teens and parents.
Being as healthy as possible before becoming pregnant, and getting early and regular prenatal care during pregnancy, are important ways to take the best care of you and your developing baby.
At our Columbus ObGyn office, we want you to be armed with all the information you need to make the right decisions. To assist you, some of the counseling we provide includes:
- Planning a Pregnancy;
- Risk Factors;
- Alcohol and Pregnancy;
- Smoking and Pregnancy;
- Illegal Drug Use and Pregnancy;
- Medications and Pregnancy;
- Medical Conditions and Pregnancy;
Parents can take comfort in the fact that the caring staff at Central Obstetrics and Gynecology in Columbus can begin treating and caring for their girls as they begin to enter puberty and continue to grow and develop. We help by discussing the tough issues that come about as a girl begins the process of becoming a woman.
We want to be your Columbus gynecologist and assist you with caring for the health of your adolescents. Call our office today at (706) 507-6306 to set up an appointment or to talk to any of our highly-qualified staff members. We look forward to serving you. Thank you for trusting us with your care!
/appointment' class='appointment-btn'>Request an Appointment!