When you suffer from massive period cramps every month, you search for various things that you can do in order to relieve some pain associated with your monthly cycle. A Columbus gynecologist has suggested that some things can be done in order to feel relief from your monthly cycle. Here are some things that you can do in order to get relief.
There are 10 foods that you can use to help you get the relief you are looking for said the Columbus gynecologist, with these foods added to your daily diet, period cramps will be a thing of the past.
- Dill is great because it is high in calcium and can be used a number of ways. You can use dill in meals, salads or even make a dip from it. When you add dill to your diet, make sure you like it first by sampling it on something before making a big meal out of it.
- Celery is great as it helps with fluid buildup and is great for this time of the month. Most people will experience bloating during this time and the celery will work to remove that buildup of fluid.
- Sacha Inchi Seeds are a plant that is most common in the Amazon. The seeds are rich in Omega 3. The seeds can be used in a salad, a cup of yogurt or even in cookies. There are many recipes that can be used for these seeds.
- Your Columbus gynecologist is going to recommend a diet change from some people and a nutritionist recommends sesame seeds since they are packed full of calcium and are quite tasty on salads, chicken and even rolls.
- Fish is high in minerals and vitamins but especially Salmon. This specific type of fish is packed with Omega-3 and can help to fight off inflammation caused from period cramps.
- Who would have thought that chocolate would have made it on the list but it did. Columbus gynecologist has recommended that dark chocolate be used to treat cramps in women during their monthly cycle.
- Water is essential in making sure that you fight off those cramps caused from bloating. It is best that you drink 2 to 3 liters per day during your monthly cycle.
- Tea is great as a drink anyways and you can enjoy tea either by itself of with a cookie. Most people like caffeine and therefore tea is another good choice for people who need caffeine every day.
- Hummus is great when you use it for pita chips, crackers and even on a piece of pretzel. You want to enjoy some hummus during your period in order to stabilize your moods and lift up your spirits.
- Parsley is great since it is packed in vitamin C and can be used in dinner meals as well as in tea said Columbus gynecologist.
Menstruation can be a painful experience in any woman’s life but with these helpful tips it may help alleviate some of that pain. Consult with a Columbus gynecologist specialist to seek further options that might be right for you.